Hey all! Long time no see! Things are looking up though as today I am bringing you a gorgeous haul from Colourpop. This is actually my first Colourpop haul so you can imagine my excitement after the all the hype about this company. Let me not tell you, they do not disappoint!
Here’s what I got. I’m including swatches and a mini review for the products I’ve tried. Let me know if you’d like to see more swatches or an in depth review on anything!
- Lippie to Go Collection in Hot to Trot
- Cookie // Skimpy
- Cami // Bound
- LBB // LBB
- Trust Me // Bossy
- Chateau // Dukes
- Out And About liquid lipstick bundle
- Viper – Ultra Matte Lip
- Times Square – Ultra Matte Lip
- Baracuda – Ultra Satin Lip
- All Nighter Super Shock Shadow Collection
- Smash – Satin
- Vega – Metalic
- To-A-T – Matte
- Mooning – Pearlized
Thus far, I’ve only tried two of the products but I’ll give you a quick overview on my thoughts.
- Times Square Ultra Matte Lip review – This is the first time I’ve ever tried a lip product from Colourpop and I was seriously blown away. I’ve tried a few different liquid lipsticks in my time, my current favorite brand was Nyx’s liquid suede. This feels completely different and definitely takes the number one spot. You know how HD powder is so finely milled that it feels like a silky smooth texture? That’s what these liquid lipsticks feel like on your lips. The formula is quite a bit thinner than Nyx and they dry down and set very quickly. Less than 15 seconds. What really caught me by surprise was the lasting power. I applied this lipstick at 8am and took it off at 5pm. That’s 9 hours of wear. It looked the exact same as it did when I originally applied it. That was even after eating and drinking. I’m so in love you guys. If the rest of the lip sticks wear this well I might just have a new obsession
- Chateau & Dukes Lippie To Go review – This looks a lot richer on the lips than when swatched. On my camera it looks more like a dark berry but in normal interior lighting it looks like a very dark brick red or wine color. Its very lovely. It doesn’t have that silky smooth feel like the ultra matte liquid lipstick did but it still does apply matte. edit;; I’ve had it on for about 4 hours now and it doesn’t have near the same lasting power as the liquid lipstick I wore today but its still not bad. Just wears off somewhat patchy on the inside of the lip. For short term wear though, I still like this and I think its on par with most other lipsticks.
At this rate, I’ll be trying more colourpop products soon! What are your favorites?
[I have a new blog! All posts not makeup related will be posted at http://blatantdisregardx.wordpress.com please check it out and give me a follow!]
If you’re internet savvy, love accessories, and strive to spend the absolute cheapest amount you can on literally everything, then you’ve maybe heard of ShopMissA. ShopMissA is a site that sells various jewelry, accessories, and beauty products for $1. I first heard about it while browsing YouTube and finally decided to give it a try a couple of weeks ago. For today’s post, I’ll discuss what I purchased and my thoughts on the items I’ve tried out so far. Spoiler Alert: I’m mildly addicted to this site and already planning my next order. My Order (Click to see it on the site) and Quick Review:
- Face and Body Bronzer – 3 Bronze Radiance
- ☆☆ – The little hearts actually rub off so that they are all the same basic bronze color. It’s not very blendable, not plush, and the shimmer isn’t very fine so it looks very unflattering on my face.
- Kleancolor Madly Matte Lipstick #6 Raven
- ☆☆☆ – The formula on these lipsticks is very waxy therefore to get the color to payoff like it looks on the tub you need to put on several layers, you can acheive a dark bold color though, so that’s a plus. I almost don’t mind the waxy base, I feel like it lasts longer this way. I wouldn’t wear these on a date but they would be super fun to play with for Halloween for sure. Pictured above is catalina.
- Kleancolor Madly Matte Lipstick #3 Catalina
- Kleancolor Metalic Nail Foil Stickers A15
- I haven’t gotten to try these yet! So excited though! I love nail stickers because I’m too lazy to do my own nails all fancy like.
- Kleancolor Eyelashes NLS028
- Haven’t tried these yet. They look gorgeous though!
- Kleancolor Angled Brow Brush
- I’ll be using this for gel liner. I’ll let you know how I like it!
- Stainless Steel Eyebrow Scissors
- I haven’t used these yet, but they feel very sturdy and not cheap or flimsy like sewing scissors.
- Santee Sexy Colors 6 Eyeshadow 6 #2
- ☆☆☆ – I love eye palettes for my lazy days when I don’t feel like mixing and matching with 5 different pigment pots. These are lovely colors that go great together. My favorite is the bronzey shade. Unfortunately they don’t swatch very well on the skin. Pigmentation could be better but for a $1 palette I’m super satisfied.
- Eyelashes 047
- Haven’t tried these yet. They look gorgeous though!
- AOA Wonder Blender Purple Teardrop
- I have only used this once with foundation that wasn’t great and I haven’t tried it wet yet. Some people reviewed that they thought there’s was too firm but from my initial use I didn’t have a problem with firmness.
- Metallic Sword Pen
- ☆☆☆☆☆ – This is such a random purchase but it look awesome and I wanted it. Not disappointed haha. The pen part is actually really nice. Smooth gel ink from a very fine point. It’s not a bic pen. I really like this!
- 12 Pair Glitter Rose Stud Earring Set
- ☆☆☆ – These are okay, I actually didn’t realize at the time that there were so many repeated pairs. You actually only get 7 unique pairs, the other 5 pairs are repeats. Currently wearing these:
- Perfect Wear Eyeshadow Stick – Golden Bronze
- ☆☆☆☆☆- I love this. It’s so pigmented and smooth and the color payout is gorgeous. I want to buy all of these. All. of. them.
SWATCHES: Pictured are the Perfect Wear Eyeshadow stick in Golden Bronze and the Kleancolor Madly Matte Lipsticks in Raven and Catalina.
$1 x 13 + $3.95 shipping = $16.95 So I didn’t love every single item from this haul, I’m A-okay with that. I have a bunch of items in my cart that I’m even more excited to try. They offer some $1 foundations that I think would be fun to review and I’m in love with their boho-style jewelry so I can’t wait to get my hands on some of that. Pin this post!
Sigh. You read the title, its true. After being a subscriber of Ipsy’s $10 monthly “glam bags” since September of 2014 I recieved my last bag last week after deciding to cancel. When I first signed up for Ipsy I lived in the middle of nowhere, was on a seriously tight budget, and wanted some monthly mail to keep me from splurging on crappy drugstore makeup that I didn’t even like. For that purpose it worked well. Now, I live in a big city with an Ulta about 5 minutes from my apartment. My Ipsy bag was no longer keeping me from spending money on makeup once I moved to an area with more options to buy things.
I think that if you’re really into trying new products and you don’t like spending a lot of money to test things, Ipsy and similar bags are a great options. I was excited to receive my package every month and I know I’ll miss getting them. I had to finally admit to myself that I just wasn’t that into the products I was receiving anymore. I had retaken the test on the website, switched preferences, rated things, etc and there were several months in a row when I was just “meh” about what I had recieved. I started keeping a separate drawer of sample products that I needed to try out in order to keep myself accountable for using stuff I actually received instead of just throwing it somewhere until the next bag came. The bags are always cute too and fun to collect but now I have like 20 and nothing to put in them, haha. I think the last kicker was the fact that even though there were a few products I really liked, the chances of me actually repurchasing stuff was really slim as most full size products were out of my price range and I’m a cheapskate. Sooo…
That all being said, I DO have a post planned where I talk about the samples I got through Ipsy over the past year or so that I would (and will) repurchase.
School has been kicking my but lately, but I have lots and lots of posts planned including an Etsy soap haul, all my ulta goodies, a foundation review (or two!), and my ebay haul that I’ve been collecting for for ages.
That’s it for this post today, I mostly just wanted to chat with y’all since I hadn’t posted in a bit. 🙂
Hope everyone’s enjoying their February!