Welcome, officially, to the Scarlet Jamie 2.0. If you’ve followed me here from blogger, thanks for making the switch! To kick things off I wanted to bring you one of my favorite recipes I have tried since starting my keto journey at the end of July. I got this idea from a video by Katherine Michelle on youtube and had to switch a few ingredients. I’ve made this a few times now for myself and my husband. I am obsessed. This delicious keto friendly dupe for the McDonald’s McGriddle is everything you love about the breakfast treat but without all the carbs. This version only has 5.5 net carbs versus a whopping 43 grams in the original. Not only is this great tasting and low carb but its super quick. The eggy “bun” portion is made in a mug in the microwave! It doesn’t get any easier than that. If you try this recipe, let me know in the comments below what you think! Also, what are some of your favorite keto friendly fast food dupes?
A super quick and easy low-carb equivalent for McDonald's sausage, egg and cheese McGriddle.
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp sugar free maple syrup
- sausage patty
- In a small bowl combine one egg, syrup, and coconut flour, mix until smooth.
- Transfer mixture into a greased microwave safe mug and microwave for 60-90 seconds.
- Fry sausage patty in a skillet until cooked through, set aside.
- Cook the last egg to your preference. I prefer scrambled for this.
- Dump the "bun" out on a plate and cut in half horizontally.
- Lightly brown each side in the skillet.
- Stack sausage, egg, and cheese on bottom half and add the top.
- Return to skillet until cheese is melted
Carb count will very depending on what kind of syrup you use, mine contributed 2.5 carbs for this recipe but there are other brands with 0 carb. If you're concerned about the amount of protein, leave out the second egg in the sandwich.